Some five years ago, PF wrote: "I have written an encyclical and an apostolic exhortation, and I continually make declarations and give homilies, and this is Magisterium".
On a more recent occasion, he said that the liturgical dispositions of the 1960s and 1970s were 'irreversible', and added: "This is Magisterium".
Such an understanding of what Magisterium is and how magisterial teaching operates seems to me to be at the level of toddler-talk. It must give rise to the suspicion that none of the teaching of someone who functions at this sort of level can be analysed as adult or as authentically magisterial.
15 May 2019
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Is he not acting in the Spirit of Vatican 1? Ward wanted a papal encyclical at breakfast with the Times newspaper.
'Magisterial' means never having to say you're magisterial.
This is the best description of Bergoglioism I have seen to date!
That's fine psychologically speaking, but it's his ONTOLOGICAL monstrous pride that will condemn him to help.
This is the best description of "Bergoglioism" I have seen to date!
The i can live with the Lutheranism as his private opinion, things that really give me doubt is
1. Changing the catechism - the book itself not unchangeable but i always thought the teachings it presents were, i cant take it or anything athortative or as authortative anymore. Perhaps the Byzantine tradition of taking everything with a grain of salt after the church fathers, papal teaching included is the way to go
2. The centralization is totally unapostolic and hilariously ironic (nun federation, political bishop appointments) which directly conflicts with Vatican II collegialism
3. Stupid comments like claiming the Church as "my church" when he was touring africa with those bizarre mercy doors (reminds me too, his worship of the "God of Surprises" sounds like a title of the demon god Tzeentch from warhammer fiction)
4. The outright dishonor at the pseudo-synods and deception, no straight answers, he cant even give the liberals a straight answer on the nuns. The lies are confusion is what first broke me after after just confirms. Only demons celebrate double talk like this
5. Calling everyone a gnostic when in neo-platonism hes the incarnation of gnosticism by denying absolute truth
6. Making peronism the official ideology, both theologically and politically, of the church
I stopped going to church when i saw the writing on the wall after the synod, guess my faith not as strong as a thought but is what lt is. Just try to pray my anglican breviary and make it to a Tridentine mass when i can affird the gas and wonder at how things could of been different if there was an ounce of humility or appreciation of culture to have been found Rome during the 60s or later
This is absolutely true, as far as I'm concerned. Thank you for your sincere priestly honesty.
Dominicans cherish, I am told, the memory of a visit by John XXIII to Santa Sabina. Standing on the balcony looking over the Tiber towards St Peter's, he is supposed to have said 'This really is the best view in Rome - and that's infallible!' The difference is, of course, that Papa Roncalli was joking.
Reminscent of the following doggerel verse about Benjamin Jowett when he was Master of Balliol College at Oxford ...
I am Master of this College,
What I don't know isn't knowledge.
... I composed one about PF's view of Magisterium:
I am the Pope of this Body Ecclesial.
Anything that i write or say is magisterial.
Plenty of observers have noted that PF has a pattern of behavior wherein he seems to take a deep, dark satisfaction in the insult, outrage, or deliberate scandal. Recently it was the disgusting foot-kissing and jerking his hand away from kisses. He cannot go for long without making one of these gestures, the same way a porn addled man can’t stay away from his computer so I think it is so deeply ingrained in him, it is a part of him. As one of my Marine Drill Instructors warned before turning us loose to the wider Corps, “Even a bad Marine can teach you something—how to not be a Marine.” Jorge’s magisterium seems to be that of teaching us how not to be a Pope.
RUSS: THIS IS THE SECRET OF THE PAPACY AND THUS THE REAL SECRET OF CATHOLICISM. PETER TEACHES, WHEN HE DENIES CHRIST AND TEACHES WHEN HE AFFIRMS HIM. HE TEACHES FULL STOP. THE MAGISTERIUM RESIDES IN THIS FACT AND THIS FACT ALONE.
Your verse could go viral.
Post a Comment