13 November 2015

I have given, with some hesitation, the benefit of the doubt ...

... to a comment using the phrase "Camp Bergoglio". I shall not enable that phrase in future, because (at least in English English) it could have an innuendo.

Since the Holy Father continually calls for Parrhesia, freedom of speech, and robustness of expression, I see no objection to measured and respectful expressions of difference from him. A free and frank discussion is what he wants in the Church. So he's entitled to have it.

But only within the obvious boundaries.

3 comments:

mark wauck said...

I think that's a Soccism. Or perhaps I should say it reflects an attitude of Soccismo. Antonio Socci sometimes refers to the "partito bergogliano." As an American I might be inclined to translate that as "Team Bergoglio."

Highland Cathedral said...

As, so that's where this retched 'Team' stuff came from. Might have known it.

Highland Cathedral said...

Oops. I think that should have been 'wretched'. Please could you correct that before you publish it. Many thanks.