3 October 2018

CORRIGENDUM

A careful reader has drawn my attention to a piece of misinformation of which I am guilty: I asserted that Mass of our Lady of the Rosary can lawfully supersede, this coming Sunday, the Mass of the Sunday per annum in the Ordinary Form. I apologise for this. I should have known better. One gets confused as one gets older. What I had in mind was para 245 of the Institutio of the Liturgy of the Hours. (How odd, incidentally, that the permissions in the Mass and in the Office are not in sync.)

Mind you, in view of the recent comments of PF about keeping October as Rosary Month, I doubt if he would mind if you ...

3 comments:

PaulLong said...

Well you may as well wash the feet of gay Muslim women this Sunday just for kicks... I doubt he would mind that either... But if your aiming to please the holy father you may wish to avoid the Ancient Mass.

Rubricarius said...

Much simpler in the old rite: the feast of the Most Holy Rosary of the BVM takes precedence of the Sunday, the latter being commemorated in the Office and at Mass.

All these new fangled ideas...

Stan Metheny said...

We at St Mary of Victories have 7 October as our Patronal Feast day, hence a local solemnity. We will sing Mass and Vespers (Novus Ordo, in Latin) of the feast.