13 February 2018

ORDINARIATE MISSAL £65

For years, sensible people have been asking me about the possibility of buying a 'study copy' of Divine Worship the Missal. I have always passed on your requests. Now the (British) Catholic Truth Society(CTS) have come up to the mark. It is a limited run.

I hope this will lead to renewed interest in a very worthwhile initiative. It is absolutely the to-die-for liturgy for those who want a vernacular Catholic liturgy in the 'tudor' liturgical English dialect of Anglican public worship.

Don't be put off by the fact that it rather shamefacedly permits the ultra-short Eucharistic Prayer to be optionally used on some weekdays. The Roman Canon is clearly presented as our normative Eucharistic Prayer.

7 comments:

scotchlil said...

I am immensely grateful for the advance notice, Father, and have already pre-ordered a copy. I am not convinced that a 'limited run' will satisfy all those who might be interested!

tradgardmastare said...

With Martin Travers illustrations I believe.
Alan

Highland Cathedral said...

Cardinal Cupich up to further mischief. Like the Pope he is rigging the membership of his conferences.
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/cardinal-cupich-launches-amoris-laetitia-seminars-for-us-bishops-38684

william arthurs said...

The page-count is stated on the CTS website to be the same (1086pp) as the larger edition, so I would infer that it is identical but scaled-down.

scotchlil said...

I notice in my intercessions book that today (14 Feb) is the 'year's mind' of the great Dr Mascall. I imagine that, on the other side of the veil, he is rejoicing greatly in the work and witness of the Ordinariate...

tradgardmastare said...

Just ordered mine from the C.T.S today.

Robin said...

£65! Not surprised it will be a limited edition. At that price it is hardly going to widen the audience for the Ordinariate Rite. Which is, sadly, a lost opportunity.