(1) Donald Trump's manner may not be mine, but I am concerned that he is being banned from certain "Platforms". You remember that precisely and beautifully targetted sentence about "They came for the Jews, but I did nothing, because I am not a Jew. They came for the Communists, but ... etc..
Well ... they shut down Trump, but I did nothing, because I am not a Trompista. What will I say when the NeoGestapo stop my mouth because I sometimes contradict what the Thought Police dictate?
(2) I have said this before, I think ... Why do we now hear rather less about Biodiversity? Here we are with an immensely mutable virus with fantastic, inbuilt, capacity to change and renew itself though innumerable variant versions in order to follow the paths so lucidly laid out by Mr Darwin. Why is PF not shouting across the airwaves about the relevance of this glorious, paradigmatic covidvirus to the teaching of his Laudato si, in which he so praised "Biodiversitas"?
But, if PF is silent, this very morning it has been announced that Prince Charles is launching a new campaign for Biodiversity. As the rest of our country struggles to hunt down and destroy every mutant variation of the Coronavirus, I find it surrealistic to imagine this strange eccentric calling out "Camilla! Yippee! Wonderful news! Three more new variants this morning of Our Virus! And ... time for a Quick One ... they're getting more and more transmissible!!!"
(3) Why has the CDF not condemned the neo-Dualists who describe the virus as "evil"?
(4) Not long ago, much praise was heaped upon the Silly Swede for persuading children to follow her order to give up 20% of their education to a 'School Strike" which would Defend the Planet. Currently, in this country there is much debate about whether schools should be open or shut. Why not shut them all with the obvious formula that this is being done as a vibrant expression of Solidarity with the Environment? If the Virus eventually were to go away, we would be able to point out that X number of potential pupil days had been devoted to the School Strike, so that Education could then carry on uninterrupted.
(5) All the experts who appear on our screens to talk us through the Pandemic (do they get fees for their generosity with their time?) seem to have the style "Professor".
When I was an undergraduate, 'Professors' were immensely rare and majestic phenomena ... all of them, from the august, godlike 'Regius' Professors downwards. Now, everybody except me appears to be a Professor. Is this another glorious example of the multiplicative power of Biodiversity? Does Professority spread like a virus? Is 'Professorial load' a factor in transmission? If I spend more than a few moments in an enclosed space with a number of Professors, will I later discover that I have fallen victim to the condition myself??
Are there vaccines against professority? Can you get it twice? Can you catch it off lavatory seats?