14 March 2015

Press deadlines and Divine Mercy

In one respect, Pope Francis is as bad ... no, I think I must mean, as good ... as his two immediate predecessors. He has the same preference for waiting until the ORDO I compile has been printed, and then announcing Holy Years. I had just opened my Compiler's Packet of ORDOs (dark blue cover for 2016!) when the Year of Mercy was announced.

One particular group on the periphery of Church life, the Franciscans of the Immaculate, must be mightily relieved by this announcement. I expect their restoration to a proper canonical state will be the main content of the Bull on Mercy to be published on Low Sunday.

Misericordias Domini in aeternum cantabo.

3 comments:

AndrewWS said...

Hmm.

I wonder if this Year is all about Divine Mercy in the St Faustina sense of the word or "mercy" as Cardinal Kasper and the German bishops understand it.

Anonymous said...

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

motuproprio said...

"but the highest form of intelligence."